thetwocentcrockpot

( the-too-sent-krok-pot ) n. proper name a blog containing the thoughts, opnions, and convictions of ryan burns that, theoretically, get better as time goes by: as used in "thetwocentcrockpot kicks booty."

Monday, February 13, 2006

The "urban renewal" of my chin...

So, a while back I posted about a gray hair that I had found on my head. It was an odd moment, but I basically forgot about it... until yesterday morning, when shaving my face I saw, almost glowing, in my ghotee, a WHITE hair... Now, this was just a strange feeling... looking at my face and seeing a white hair. See, on my head it seemed, well, a bit normal. But for some reason, seeing a white hair on my chin was really odd. I find myself staring at it every time I am near a mirror, as if to see if it is still there or if the lighting was playing tricks on me in the last 4 mirrors I looked in... Inevitably, it is still there each time.

Now, mind you, I don't have a problem with white hairs on my face or the reality that some day all the hairs on my head and face could turn white... it is just, well, something I didn't really give any thought to until it happened... I wonder when more of his white friends will move in... will my face slowly play out the 'urban renewal' that is happening throughout richmond... will my chin be the next Carry Street? Will all the diversity of my chin, with its brown, red and yellow residents, slowly dwindle away as more and more white hairs take over. It is kind of sad... But maybe there is hope... maybe just a few whites will show up... and the diversity will simply increase as a new resident joins the neighborhood of my chin... As with Cary Street and the other like it, for my chin only time will tell.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger paul <> said...

ryan, you're so great.

Your blog has helped me through my Stats Lab this week, thank you.

--Paul<><

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many other people in the history of mankind do you suppose have ever compared the hairs on their chin to the racial diversity of a city?

You're a special one, Ryan. ; )

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've had 'em for a couple of years. shelly says that we are getting older. i refuse to believe in that absolute. love ya, bud...

jason

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home