thetwocentcrockpot

( the-too-sent-krok-pot ) n. proper name a blog containing the thoughts, opnions, and convictions of ryan burns that, theoretically, get better as time goes by: as used in "thetwocentcrockpot kicks booty."

Monday, April 30, 2007

lessons from turducken...

Ok, first, what (not who) is "turducken?"

Well, as the name implies, it is a chicken stuffed in a duck stuffed in a turkey and then cooked.

So, what brilliant individual came up with this, I have no idea. But I was thinking today that I'd like a truducken of my own. See, there are three things that I would really like to see all stuffed together into this life I live.

First I'd like to start with the outer shell (the turkey) with a job in vocational ministry that provides an adequate and stable income. I'd then like to stuff this job with moving my family into the fan (the duck). Finally, inside all of this I'd like to stuff finishing my graduate studies (the chicken).

Now, each of these things might be fine on their own (much like turkey, duck, and chicken) but, much like the inventor of the turducken, I get a feeling that having all three stuffed together might be even better.

When I look at my life right now, I get the feeling that my turducken might be impossible. But, then again, I am sure that the truducken inventor might have had similar feelings. I'm also sure he had some doubters on the outside.

So, what to do? I don't know... but I am getting hungry.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, I have had a turducken and it was very good. The mixture of the flavors was yummy.I like your idea of life turducken, but what or where is the fan you want to move your family into? I have no doubt that if God wants you to have a TURDUCKEN LIFE, He will provide the means for you to have it. Just remember to have a turducken you have to be stretched, shoved, stuffed and stuffed again which doesn't sound very comfortable, especially when you add the "heat" it takes to prepare it! May your TURDUCKEN LIFE be worth the effort. Love, Mom

10:27 PM  
Blogger jenN said...

I think my ideal turducken would really be a vealamson (veal stuffed with lamb, stuffed with venison). i like me some red meat that comes from baby animals. mm....

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home