thetwocentcrockpot

( the-too-sent-krok-pot ) n. proper name a blog containing the thoughts, opnions, and convictions of ryan burns that, theoretically, get better as time goes by: as used in "thetwocentcrockpot kicks booty."

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Owen Greene - Well Born; Warrior...

The following is the email I sent to my friends and family tonight. I have no other words:

Friends and Family,

I really don't know how to do this and I know that a phone call is so much more appropriate, however, I don't feel like I can muster the energy or heart to do it. So, please excuse the medium.

Today was a joyous and sorrowful day. Owen Greene was born this morning. Things looked promising early on as he was able to breathe on his own. Robert and Erin had the opportunity to spend a few moments with him before he was rushed to the NICU. Throughout the day his condition grew worse and worse. In the end Robert was allowed to hold his son at which time Owen's heart beat faded. As my mother so beautifully put it, "he passed from his earthly fathers arms into his heavenly fathers." Now we join the Greene's in mourning.

I thank you for all your prayers and the many people you have shared this story with. Please continue to pray for Robert and Erin as they walk through this dark valley. If you wish to share a word of encouragement or thoughts of condolence, please visit Robert's blog and click on "leave a comment." I believe that it would mean a lot to them to hear from the many strangers who have held them close in their hearts all these months.

Again, thank you.
_ryan

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home