thetwocentcrockpot

( the-too-sent-krok-pot ) n. proper name a blog containing the thoughts, opnions, and convictions of ryan burns that, theoretically, get better as time goes by: as used in "thetwocentcrockpot kicks booty."

Monday, February 19, 2007

How can it not be well...

This, of course, is rhetorical... to be read, "how can it not be well?" with an emphasis on the not. This morning I was singing a hymn (again, offkey) and was overcome with the joy in the realities I was singing.

Here are verse 2 and 3 from "It Is Well With My Soul."
Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
and has shed his own blood for my soul.

My sin (O the bliss of this glorious thought!)
My sin, not in part, but in whole,
Is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more;
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, oh my soul!
It is verse 2 and 3 that allow you to sing verse 1 with any real confidence. Wow, as my friend Ben would say, "that's a god piece of chicken." You'll have to ask him what that means because I have no idea.

It Is Well with My Soul - Horatio G. Spafford, 1873

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home