thetwocentcrockpot

( the-too-sent-krok-pot ) n. proper name a blog containing the thoughts, opnions, and convictions of ryan burns that, theoretically, get better as time goes by: as used in "thetwocentcrockpot kicks booty."

Thursday, August 10, 2006

my brain is on fire...

I am currently reading "Paul: An Outline of His Theology" but Herman Redderbos. I freely admit that the only reason I am reading it is because it is assigned reading for a class I am taking. It is, I think, the most mentally challenging book I have ever read. My professor offered no help when he said, "it was written by a PhD for PhD's" Uh... yeah... I'm a BS.

In realted news, here are the words that Ridderbos used today that I had to look up:

- Antipode
- Assimilable
- Syncretism
- Philologists
- Lassitude
- Architectonic
- Predilection
- Paraenesis

Reading stuff like this is supposed to help me get smarter, but most of the time I just feel dumber.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." Confucius

Didn't some really smart philosopher person say something about the more he knew the more ignorant he found himself to be?

It's kind of like sin... the more God pulls us out, the deeper in debt we realize we are... you know?

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home