thetwocentcrockpot

( the-too-sent-krok-pot ) n. proper name a blog containing the thoughts, opnions, and convictions of ryan burns that, theoretically, get better as time goes by: as used in "thetwocentcrockpot kicks booty."

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Apocalypse now

Ok, today’s sign that the end is near:

I was talking to a student (whose name shall remain anonymous) this afternoon. The student was informing me that her professor openly declares to her class that she is a relativist. Now, in life, you ocassionaly run into someone who might who claims to be a relativist, but when really pushed, they’ll collapse under the pressure. However this professor has somehow managed to hold tight to her relativism. This student actually said that the professor announced to the class that “there are no wrong answers in her class.” WELL OF COURSE THERE AREN’T! There CANT be! If everything is relative, then when she said I have to write a paper on subject xyz, I can turn in a slice of American cheese and she’ll have to give me an A… however, what does that A ‘mean’? I could answer all her questions with the number 5 and they’d have to be right… but what is 'right'

Now, here in lies the thing that makes me want to vomit up my granola bar… This lady is a university professor who is supposed to be helping to equip the future leaders of our nation. What a screwed up world we would have if this professor’s life outlook and philosophy were to become the norm of society. It just doesn't work...

In the words of the principal from Billy Madison, “Mr. Madison (mr/ms Professor), what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home